This week Chrome 30 is launching to production. We’ve done our best to summarize what is included in this release below. Have any questions or additions? Let us know through comments.
- Add about:flags for WebRTC HW decoding and enable WebRTC HW decoding by default.
- Default on for WebRTC HW encoding support. Switch “–enable-webrtc-hw-encoding” to “–disable-webrtc-hw-encoding”, and add to chrome://flags.
- Implicit audio output device selection for getUserMedia. When a non-default input device is selected, do a best-effort selection of a matching output device. This is used to switch output of media stream audio tracks to the output device that matches the currently open capture device (microphone). An typical example is to support switching to USB headsets when in a audio/video call. This does not affect the audio output of non-webrtc related audio elements and only happens when there’s exactly 1 active audio capture device in the page.
- MediaStream API: Prepare for getUserMedia error name change. The spec has renamed PERMISSION_DENIED to PermissionDeniedError.
- Make sure the first VP8 frame for VDA is key frame.
- Initial implementation of Desktop Capture API (proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-vFghorm8zDCeyg2Yk6kKFT-16GU1Ow1b1bor_jCqD8/edit).
- Disable tabCapture permission for packaged apps.
CHROME ON ANDROID:
- Turn on speakerphone by default for WebRTC on Android. This routes audio to speaker, instead of earpiece, by default for WebRTC on Android.