It’s hard to believe that in this day and age of digital transformation you still have to announce yourself when you ring a contact center. Or even worse, why you have to repeat your account details from one agent to the next. It’s among the most frustrating of customer service experiences, not to mention inefficient and costly for operators.
With this version your client can now automatically reconnect to OpenTok sessions after drops in network connectivity. This feature helps restore connectivity during transitions between network interfaces such as Wi-Fi and LTE, allowing you to expand the duration of the communication and provide a better quality of experience to your customers. You can find sample code showing you how to update your application here.
We’re excited to announce the release of the 2.8 OpenTok iOS and Android SDK. We’ve made significant improvements to audio/video quality, worked on bug fixes, as well as quality improvements introduced in the Google WebRTC M49 release. In order to improve the quality of these SDKs further, we’ve also rolled out some important patches, the details of which are below, including support for IPv6 for iOS.
We’ve recently released a new version of our OpenTok client for web – OpenTok.js 2.4. This release includes:
- Screen sharing support — You can now share your screen as the video source for a publisher in Chrome and Firefox, for online meetings, presentations and more. See more here.
- Control of cropping and letter-boxing of videos — You can now specify whether videos will be cropped or letter-boxed when the aspect ratio of the video does not match the aspect ratio of the DOM element.
- OpenTok Plugin for Internet Explorer improvements:
- Audio Levels API support in Internet Explorer. This means your customers can benefit from OpenTok’s audio detection capabilities.
- The installation and update dialog boxes are now responsive, resizing appropriately based on the browser window’s dimensions.
- Multiple bug fixes and performance optimizations.
For more information please see the release notes.
- Archiving integration
- Updated UI
- Bug fixes and improved stability
This update will be available to developers starting today.