Android SDK - Audio

Ask questions about the Android SDK here

Android SDK - Audio

Postby eggerdo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 am

I am working on an android app to stream video from one device to another. In my scenario, it is only a one-way transmission, so one device is a publisher while the other device is a subscriber. I used the Hello World app as the base and can stream the video to my app (although with a noticable delay). Now I only need to stream video, not audio. So is there a possibility to disable the audio in the current SDK? Also when I close the app I am disconnecting from the Session and the Subscriber. However even after disconnecting, I still get Log messages from the AudioTrack:

W/AudioTrack(19506): obtainBuffer() track 0xd59b98 disabled, restarting

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Dominik
Was this post helpful? (0)
eggerdo

Thumbs Up: 0

Re: Android SDK - Audio

Postby charley » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm

You're not missing anything, we haven't gotten around to adding toggles for the various media tracks. I'll see what I can do to get this done in a reasonable time.
charley

Thumbs Up: 36

Postby eggerdo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 am

Ok thanks for the info. Is there a reason you didn't put the source code for the android sdk on the github repository? If I had that available maybe I could look into it myself a bit and be of some help.
eggerdo

Postby charley » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am

Although we find that many developers prefer to use GitHub for distribution/access, the project itself is not open source.
charley

Thumbs Up: 36

Postby eggerdo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am

Ok thanks. In that case please let me know once there is an update for the android SDK available.

Greets,
Dominik
eggerdo

Return to Android (Native)