Web RTC Video keeps freezing

Ask questions about the JavaScript API here

Web RTC Video keeps freezing

Postby rgaliu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 am

I have created a very simple program that connects to a session and subscribes to all streams in it. If they click the "Join" button they start publishing their video to the session. It all works, but for some reason in the middle of the conversation cameras will start freezing for everyone and only your own is not frozen. Audio still goes through even though they are frozen. Also, sometimes if you wait long enough it unfreezes. I am testing these all on the same network. Thanks!
Was this post helpful? (0)
rgaliu

Thumbs Up: 0

Re: Web RTC Video keeps freezing

Postby janine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey Anthony - sorry about this! We experienced this as well with our demo app and from looking into the logs it appeared to be a WebRTC issue. However - I've been informed that Google just had a chrome update that fixed this (today). Can you restart your browser and try again? and let us know if the problem is still there?
janine

Thumbs Up: 20

Re: Web RTC Video keeps freezing

Postby rgaliu » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Janine, Thank you for your response. I have tried it now and it seems pretty solid, although I have yet to test it for a long period of time. I will be testing it for a longer duration soon and will let you know if it has any problems, but so far all is looking good :)
rgaliu

Thumbs Up: 0

Return to JavaScript